Why Do You Need a Fire Risk Assessment?
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 requires all employers and those who are responsible for non-domestic, industrial, commercial and residential premises to carry out a Fire Risk Assessment of their premises and thereafter review on an annual basis or sooner if circumstances change.
The purpose of a Fire Risk Assessment is to assess the risk of fire within the premises and subsequently identify suitable control measures which when implemented primarily ‘Protect Life’ and secondarily ‘Protect Property’.
Therefore, it is a legal requirement under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 to have a Fire Risk Assessment which is deemed to be ‘suitable and sufficient’.
Note: None compliance to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 may lead to employers/duty holders being served Alteration/Prohibition Notices and/or being Prosecuted.
Our Fire Risk Assessment Service Includes -
- The allocation of one of our Fire Consultants who are fully qualified to carry out your bespoken Fire Risk Assessment. Our Consultants competencies being –
- Technically accredited by recognised fire related examination board.
- Experienced in the technique of fire risk assessment and the completion of a recognised Fire Authorities Fire Risk Assessment document.
- Practical experience gained during many years as a ‘Lead Fire Man'
- Our Consultants attendance to your premises, whereby they take a systematic approach to assessing the risks presented by fire – this being assessed area by area.
- The completion of your Fire Risk Assessment, this includes a designated section for ‘Recommended Improvement Actions/Deficiencies’ for your Management Team to act upon.
- As required, an opportunity to discuss the findings of the completed Fire Risk Assessment with our Consultant to ensure clarity of points raised – this being via telephone at no extra cost or by agreement at your premises, this the latter being chargeable at an agreed costed rate.
Our Service Covers Small to Large Businesses – Please Feel Free to Contact Us to Discuss Your Exacting Details.
Prices Start From £350 + vat, Plus Travel
Frequently Asked Questions –
Who can carry out A Fire Risk Assessment?
Anyone who is deemed competent to do so with competency being measured by –
- Technical Knowledge
- Practical Knowledge
These together being key to the development of a ‘suitable and sufficient’ Fire Risk Assessment.
Types of Buildings Which Require a Fire Risk Assessment?
- Offices and Shops
- Care Homes and Hospitals
- Community Centres, places of Worship
- Shared Accommodation
- Pubs, Clubs and Restaurants
- Schools and Sports Centres
- Hotels and Hostels
- Factories and Warehouses
How often Do I need to Review My Fire Risk Assessment?
Best practice is annually or more frequently if one or more of the follow occurrences take place -
- If the premises are modified i.e. extended, altered in any way
- Changes to work operations/practices carried out within the premises e.g. hot processes etc.
- Changes to the use of the premises e.g. numbers attending the premises, sleeping accommodation etc.
- Changes in the personal circumstances of employees (etc.) attending the premises i.e. if persons are/become disabled (blind/partially sighted, hard od hearing/deaf, mobility impaired)
- In the event of the Fire Authorities intervention or other Authoritative Body
- Legislational changes come into effect etc.
Note: The above is not a definitive list